naturebytes kit store
Trail Camera Toolkit - Education Pack
What is it?
The Trail Camera Toolkit combines science, technology and nature to develop a wealth of knowledge and next-gen STEM skills. The series of workshops, tools and supporting resources has been carefully designed by education and conservation experts to provide a fun and unique expereince that positively influences lifestyle choices and inspire career pathways.
No expereince is required for this programme that guides facilitators and participants through planning surveys, using conservation technology, recording wildlife observations, contributing to online citizen science communities and monitoring wildlife across the globe.
The guided edcuational content is designed with a flexible and adaptable strucure. You can choose the time taken to complete the programme, from 3 x 45 min sessions to 6+ hrs of activities. The programme can be repeated seasonally or annually and offers opprotunities fror skill development and progression each time.
On completion, participants are equiped with the skills and tools to continue self-led actions and activities as part of ongoing learning, nature negagement and climate action.
Who is it for?
- Ages 11-18 (groups of 2-30 students)
- STEM lessons
- School and extra-curricular programmes
- In-class, remote or blended
- No technical or subject expertise required for delivery
- Accessible for all abilities
What does it do?
- In-class and outdoor learning
- Adaptable content delivery structure to suit you (from 3 x 45min sessions to 6+hrs of guided content)
- Introduction to trail cameras
- Opportunity to deploy a trail camera
- Provides wildlife survey skills
- Participation in citizen science
- Learn to identify species
What’s included in the trial pack?
- 10 x trail cameras - reliable and easy to use
- naturebytes bespoke toolkit protective case
- Comprehensive session presentation slide decks (with facilitator notes)
- All the tools needed for successful deployment
- Set up and troubleshooting guides
- Class worksheets
- Weatherproof field guides and survey forms
- Resource links
- Video tutorials
All activities have been made to be taught independently of Naturebytes but if you have any questions throughout the programme our team is there to provide you with unlimited support.
Who are naturebytes?We are an award-winning environmental non-profit which aims to reconnect people with nature through education and technology.